Forklift attachments, a critical component in material handling, make it possible to move a wide variety of loads. When planning operations you can avoid potential damage to goods and personal injury by choosing the correct attachments for your material handling needs.
To help you choose, we’ve put together a guide of some of the most common forklift attachments.
A Side Shifter attachment allows you to move a load from side to side, so you can make small adjustments to the alignment of the pallet, without maneuvering the entire forklift.
- Reduced damage to rack and products
- Reduced wear on the truck
- Improved warehouse space utilization
- Paper handling
- Food and beverage
Fork positioners allow lift truck operators to move the forks quickly and accurately to fit different pallet sizes without leaving their seats. They are particularly useful when the width of the load change constantly, allowing the operator to align forks with pallets faster for more effective handling.
- Increase productivity
- No manual adjustment of forks
- Reduced pallet damage
- Improved load handling times
- Food manufacturing
Damage free roll handling with maximum efficiency, we offer a full line of paper roll clamps and roll clamp damage reduction options to handle paper rolls no matter the diameter, weight or type of paper.
- Reduces damage of paper rolls
- Increased handling times
- Paper handling 180° or 360° rotation
- Damage reduction systems available
Slipsheet handling with a Push/Pull attachment, allows you to ship, receive and warehouse unit loads on inexpensive slip sheets rather than pallets. Products typically handled include bagged products such as seed, agricultural products and cement; cased food, electronics, cosmetics and bottled beverages.
- Fast removal and installation; no need to remove forks
- Easy handling of goods with slip sheets
- Reduced packaging weight
- Fork mounted units available
- Bagged goods
Multiple Load Handlers
Multiple Load Handlers, or Single-Double Pallet Handlers, are used to handle both a single pallet, or the forks can be spread hydraulically to lift, carry and side shift multiple pallets side by side. This versatile attachment can navigate through narrow aisles, while boosting material handling efficiency by taking fewer trips to get the job done.
- Doubles handling capacity of pallets
- Reduces loading & unloading times
- Reduces number of truck manuevers
Fork extension sleeves are designed to provide a simple, but effective method of handling the occasional long and awkward load that extends past the tips of the parent fork arm.
- Stability and safe handling of various loads
- Maneuvrability in normal operating conditions
Rotators add 360° revolving motion, in both directions, to truck forks. Used in food processing and manufacturing for inverting and dumping loads.
- Quickly inverts a load and returns forks to upright position in one continuous motion
- Waste / Recycling
- Food processing
- Food and beverage
Whether you're handling consumer paper products, appliances, consumer electronics, wine packaged foods (canned or boxed),chemicals or plastics, Cascade Carton Clamps offer a solution. They're durable enough for the toughest conditions, versatile and easy to service.
- Allows palletless handling
- Improves warehouse space utilization
- Improved productivity
- Less product damage
- White goods
- Appliance and electronics industries
Looking for a quote or more information?
If you’re still not sure what attachment you require, or don’t see it here, please contact our material handling specialists and we will talk you through your requirements and provide a suitable solution.